The Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) has released the newest version of the Conflict Minerals Reporting Template, the CMRT 5.11. It includes several updates and bug corrections.
The CMRT is the industry-standard template for conflict mineral reporting and responsible mineral sourcing. Companies leverage the CMRT to show due diligence under regulations such as Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act and the upcoming European Union conflict minerals rule by collecting mineral country of origin, smelter and refiner data.
Is your company prepared to demonstrate conflict mineral compliance? Download The Conflict Mineral Handbook: Your Guide to Compliance in 2018 to learn more.
The CMRT 5.11 replaces version 5.10 and includes the following updates:
- Corrections to all bugs and errors
- Update to ISO country, state and province lists
- Enhancements that do not conflict with IPC-1755
- Updates to the Smelter Reference List and Standard Smelter List
- Name changes to reflect the RMI’s rebrand from Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative (CFSI)
The RMI’s next CMRT update is expected in November 2018.
For more information about CMRT 5.11 or responsible mineral sourcing, contact our regulatory experts.