What Is the Global Automotive Stakeholders Group?
Major automotive product development objectives include efficient and cost-effective improvements to vehicle quality and safety, as well as a reduction in their environmental impact throughout the product life cycle. These objectives led to the creation of the Global Automotive Stakeholders Group (GASG): an organization comprised of automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), tier suppliers and material suppliers. To facilitate compliance with a variety of regulations, the GASG supports and maintains an open dialogue to improve the delivery of information up and down the supply chain.
Role & Responsibilities
The GASG’s primary responsibility is to facilitate and maintain a dialogue about compliance concerns within automotive supply chains. The GASG further supports its members and the wider industry by managing the Global Automotive Declarable Substance List, which includes the declarable substances relevant to the parts and materials used in the automotive industry. Further, the GASG shares information about customer requirements to support these compliance efforts.
Navigating the Compliance Landscape: Automotive Industry
Learn more about the regulatory requirements facing the automotive industry in our guide.Download
The Global Automotive Declarable Substance List
The Global Automotive Declarable Substance List (GADSL) is the product of industry dialogue, and the GASG’s data management efforts. The GADSL centralizes a variety of substance restrictions relevant to automotive OEMs and suppliers. It contains substances that are restricted by various regulations or directives, including:
- The European Union (EU) Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive.
- The EU Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulation.
- The Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) Regulation.
- The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65).
Assent’s Global Automotive Declarable Substance List Module
Assent’s Global Automotive Declarable Substance List Module supports companies in the development of Declarations of Conformity (DOCs) for substances relevant to the parts and materials supplier to automotive manufacturers. This module helps companies:
- Collect necessary GADSL and DOC data.
- Make declarations available in a standard declarable substance list report.
- Filter data by part level and regulation.
- Streamline the data collection process via the Assent Compliance Manager.
- …And more!